Funny pro elites
We have moved the forum to a different host. We are now located at:

http://funnyproelites.com/

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» meet-up
Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:57 pm by mortified_penguin

» This is the last topic.
Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:32 pm by mortified_penguin

» Lock.
Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:04 pm by Deer

» NAT's random Pic of the Week 18!
Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:05 am by NAT

» Goodbye
Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:45 pm by George

» Hello
Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:03 am by undercover_walrus

» I've been thinking.
Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:00 am by undercover_walrus

» To all members
Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:01 pm by BMTH

» The new forum
Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:29 pm by undercover_walrus

Top posters
Ninja frog (2610)

Acheaopterix (2132)

mortified_penguin (2043)

TheMissingSock (1691)

BMTH (1442)

George (1436)

Soylent Blue (1206)

Wildcat Nation (1202)

undercover_walrus (1186)

Mouse (1141)

Partners
Hissing Worms
Like us on Facebook!

mortified_penguin's ultimate guide to spam.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

mortified_penguin's ultimate guide to spam.

Post by mortified_penguin on Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:45 am

m_p's ultimate guide to spam

Well, here at FPE, I have several people known as moderators who help me clean up spam. If a moderator tells you to do something, you should do it. They are moderators for a reason. If you disagree with something a moderator says, send me a message, and I'll sort it out. That being said, here is my ultimate guide to spam.

Identifying

Here is an example of off topic spam:

Spoiler:

Now, you see how easy it is to get off topic like that? As you can see, the first message is on topic, but the second message blurs the lines a bit. It's kind of semi-relevant, so usually we'll leave those alone. The third one, though is definitively off topic. Nothing in that message has anything to do with child slavery.

Avoiding

To avoid off-topic spamming, you should look at your message. Ask yourself these questions: "Does it directly tie in to the original message?" If not, "Does it tie in to a message directly tied in to the original message?" If yes to either one, go ahead and post it.

The next kind of spam I want to talk about is flaming.

[center]Identifying

Here a couple of examples of flaming:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Now, as you can see, the first example is more blatant, but both are flaming. The reason the second one is flaming is because it is more of an implication. Flaming is not only distasteful, but can also be very hurtful. THE ONLY TIME YOU ARE ALLOWED TO FLAME IS WHEN YOU ARE CURRENTLY FIGHTING SOMEONE IN THE FIGHT ARENA.
Avoiding

To avoid flaming, ask yourself this: "Would I say this to, say, the president?" If the answer is no, don't say it.

Another type of spam is trolling.
[center]Identifying

Here are three examples of trolling:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Now, you can see the first two are pretty definitive. The last one, however, looks a lot like off topic spam. I draw the line between the two when the spammer has not "trailed off," if you will. Meaning, the topic was not gradually changed through three or four messages, but it was an abrupt change, within the course of one message.

Avoiding

All you must do to avoid trolling is ask yourself: "Will the other members get meaningful information from this message?"

Alright, the last type of spam is called "Bumping"

[center]Identifying

Bumping is simply posting a message in an inactive thread.

Avoiding

Bumping is a little cloudy, as many people have different ideas on how long is inactivity. The general rule, though, is one week. Look at the date the last message in the topic was posted, and if it is more than seven days old, let it be.

Now, there is one final thing I want to talk about, and it's not exactly spam, but we still have to clean it up. That thing is double posting

Identifying

Double posting is quite simply two posts in a row by the same user.

[center]Avoiding

To avoid double posting, use the "Edit" button on top of the message, and input any information you forgot there. If you leave a double post, on occasion we will edit it for you, but most of the time, we just delete the second post.

That's all for my ultimate guide to spam! I hope you learned something, and I definitely hope you apply it. Thanks for reading, and enjoy the forum!
~mortified_penguin~

Last edited by mortified_penguin on Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:18 am; edited 8 times in total

[21:00:06] @ TheMissingSock : My teachers are terrible! I hate them all! I want them to just go pee themself to death!
mortified_penguin
Still Alive

FPE Points : 225

http://funnypics.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: mortified_penguin's ultimate guide to spam.

Post by Ninja frog on Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:25 pm

what about topics who's topics are spam like this?
Spoiler:

Educated Black Guy, HairyHoboDoll, 44BoxAngelsBlink, Test subject A, Blue Shadow, AimeeFRYlove, sergant major Jhonson, Omg I am a girl, The Arbiter, wolfpack, Wacky Tube Man, shooter, Mass Effect nerd, Dusty, NeverShoutEmily(:, xedenxbnrx, Balahs, wildcat nation, undercover_walrus

rest in peace
my mewtwo family:

[23:33:10] Soylent Blue : Nobodies going to see this so one day i plan to overthorw mp and take over this forum.
Ninja frog
The BattleMaster

FPE Points : 3244

Back to top Go down

Post by mortified_penguin on Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:57 pm

^^Trolling

[21:00:06] @ TheMissingSock : My teachers are terrible! I hate them all! I want them to just go pee themself to death!
mortified_penguin
Still Alive

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninja frog on Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:57 pm

whats our line on exesive sigs?

Educated Black Guy, HairyHoboDoll, 44BoxAngelsBlink, Test subject A, Blue Shadow, AimeeFRYlove, sergant major Jhonson, Omg I am a girl, The Arbiter, wolfpack, Wacky Tube Man, shooter, Mass Effect nerd, Dusty, NeverShoutEmily(:, xedenxbnrx, Balahs, wildcat nation, undercover_walrus

rest in peace
my mewtwo family:

[23:33:10] Soylent Blue : Nobodies going to see this so one day i plan to overthorw mp and take over this forum.
Ninja frog
The BattleMaster

FPE Points : 3244

Back to top Go down

Post by mortified_penguin on Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:07 pm

If it's bigger than the entire standard message box. (Like the one this message is in)

mortified_penguin
Still Alive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum