Funny pro elites
Wow! You found us again, after all these years! Honestly, great job. We're on discord now! Come join us! https://discord.gg/RtgvBfE

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Funny pro elites
Wow! You found us again, after all these years! Honestly, great job. We're on discord now! Come join us! https://discord.gg/RtgvBfE
Funny pro elites
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» meet-up
Movie Review- Stairway to Heaven  EmptyTue Sep 05, 2017 11:57 pm by mortified_penguin

» This is the last topic.
Movie Review- Stairway to Heaven  EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 9:32 pm by mortified_penguin

» Lock.
Movie Review- Stairway to Heaven  EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 4:04 pm by Deer

» NAT's random Pic of the Week 18!
Movie Review- Stairway to Heaven  EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 12:05 am by NAT

» Goodbye
Movie Review- Stairway to Heaven  EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 8:45 pm by George

» Hello
Movie Review- Stairway to Heaven  EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 12:03 am by undercover_walrus

» I've been thinking.
Movie Review- Stairway to Heaven  EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 12:00 am by undercover_walrus

» To all members
Movie Review- Stairway to Heaven  EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 9:01 pm by BMTH

» The new forum
Movie Review- Stairway to Heaven  EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 6:29 pm by undercover_walrus

Top posters
Ninja frog (2610)
Movie Review- Stairway to Heaven  I_vote_lcapMovie Review- Stairway to Heaven  I_voting_barMovie Review- Stairway to Heaven  I_vote_rcap 
Acheaopterix (2132)
Movie Review- Stairway to Heaven  I_vote_lcapMovie Review- Stairway to Heaven  I_voting_barMovie Review- Stairway to Heaven  I_vote_rcap 
mortified_penguin (2043)
TheMissingSock (1691)
BMTH (1442)
George (1436)
Soylent Blue (1206)
Wildcat Nation (1202)
undercover_walrus (1186)
Mouse (1141)

Partners
Hissing Worms
Like us on Facebook!

Movie Review- Stairway to Heaven

Go down

Movie Review- Stairway to Heaven  Empty Movie Review- Stairway to Heaven

Post by Soylent Blue Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:09 pm

Something interesting about this film is that it has two titles, It can be called A Matter of Life and Death or a little more commonly Stairway to Heaven. It begins with the main character Peter Carter, a WWII RAF pilot, who is played by David Niven. Peter is inside a harmed plane and has no choice but to jump out without a parachute. Next to him is his dead friend Roger who he may encounter again later. While this is all happening he is making radio contact with ground controller, June (Kim Hunter). In the heat of the moment they talk about how they could love each other if he wasn't about to die. He then jumps out of the plummeting plane before it crashes. Something remarkable happens, a day later he finds himself alive on the beach. He soon meets up with his love interest and of course they fall for each other. But wait a minute... somethings wrong, a mistake was made. Mr. Carter should be dead, at least according to the rules of heaven. He is met by a strange man that he can only see that wants to bring him up to heaven where he belongs. He also meets a doctor/friend who wants to keep him on Earth. Peter wants to stay on Earth so that he may wed June. Eventually he is brought to a court in heaven where his fait will be determined.
The artsy scenes that take place in heaven are done smartly in black and white while the scenes that take place on Earth are done in color. This is a captivating film that will have you hoping for Peter to the end. The witty and never phased Peter deserves a shout-out for brilliantly capturing his part and not completely stealing the movie. The effects of this underrated 1946 masterpiece will still dazzle you with it's originality and impact. This film also uses a great amount of subtle humor. I can not recommend this film enough 5 out of 5 Like a Star @ heaven's! You will enjoy this movie thoroughly. Get the gist?

Netflix: http://www.netflix.com/Movie/A-Matter-of-Life-and-Death/70007375?strackid=444069c354bf873a_0_srl&strkid=1508661740_0_0&lnkctr=srchrd-sr&trkid=222336

Genre: Fantasy

Random screenshot: Movie Review- Stairway to Heaven  Matter-1-copy
Soylent Blue
Soylent Blue
Carousel is a lie! THERE IS NO RENEWAL!

FPE Points : 1630

Back to top Go down